Thursday, May 13, 2010

Teachers in Alabama

Can I go off-topic for a moment here?
I just read about a teacher union-funded attack on a candidate for governor in Alabama because he supports evolution. Said candidate backpedalled pretty quickly and came out in support of teaching creationism in schools.
What the fuck, people.
This has nothing to do with believing in God or not believing in God. The "evolution vs. creationism" thing is a manufactured debate-- it's not real. There IS NO debate. Evolution is a fact. Creationism as a concept exists solely as a political/religious agenda. I know many Christians who understand this.
So why does this lie continue to gain momentum in America? Why does religious faith have to be incompatible with reality?
As a father, the idea that schools might teach my daughter that creationism is a viable theory just drives me nuts. And the fact that the media attack on this candidate was funded by TEACHERS is sickening. Even more sickening is his response.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2010/05/12/evolution-in-alabama/

Okay. Just had to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment